EU Trade Marks Registry | EU trademark registration
Britain, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and other EU countries have recently been introduced in a all 27 EU countries apply the trademark system. Alicante, Spain, the EU and Trademark Office on January 1, 1996 the EU will begin accepting applications for trade marksEU trademark protection period of 10 years, renewable for each renewal of the protection period of 10 years.EU trademark of the applicants are not limited to nationals of EU member states, such as the "Paris Convention" "World" (WIPO) nationals can apply.
EU Community Trademark registration :
Applicants to Spain Ali Ghent city of the Coordinating Bureau of the Internal Market (OHIM) to apply for registration approved registered in the Community members to the protection of love, not further separate applications in each country.
EU trade mark registration procedures :
1. Applicants to the EU and Trademark Office or the European Union member countries and Trademark Office applications;
2. EU trademark applications will notify the members of the Office for national trademark review;
3. Review after the passage of three months notice period, during which a third party can put forward various objections;
4. If there is no third-party objection to the trademark application in 2002, allowed to register.
5. The time for 18-24 months
Those members of the EU
The European Union of 27 countries : the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, Luxembourg, Denmark, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, Finland, Greece, Austria, the Netherlands, Ireland, Saipuleishi, the Czech Republic, Yishitannie, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Romania.
The EU registered trademark characteristics :
Only applications for registration, be in the 25 EU member states to use the trademark. Not all members of the respective applications, significantly reducing costs;
(2) the protection of the decentralization process. A trademark registration available to the EU 27 member countries to the protection, the trademark case to the ruling in all EU countries implemented;
(3) registered trademarks can only use an EU countries. Trademarks in any one EU country to use enough not to confront the use of trademarks grounds for the revocation;
(4) The right to the Paris Convention priority. A trademark for the same or more goods or services specified name, members of the Paris Convention for six months after the application for a Community trade mark, may be given priority;
(5) have announced an EU member is a registered trademark in the EU trademark applications, may request priority.
(6) not only words, logos and other traditional trademark may be registered, sound, smell, appearance and structural products such new trademark, they can also apply for registration;
(7) a trademark applications up to cover three categories of products or services over three categories, each category plus a fee should be.
EU states registered trademarks advantages and risks
A registered trademark EC can enjoy double protection principles :
Community trademark is not to replace national trademarks, trademark and international trademark continues to exist. If an applicant to the Community trade mark application was rejected, The applicant may within three months of the Community trade mark for the conversion of one or several countries in trademark applications its original date of application and enjoy the same priority date.
B, 27 members of the protection :
An application can be made in the entire European Economic Community countries to be protected.
C, the risks :
Property submitted EC Internal Market Coordination Board, that meet the requirements of a trademark that is admissible grant applications and applications; subsequently, prior trademark search, after trademark notice, in the absence of objection, trademarks are to be registered;
If any of those members of a trademark search prior to, then trademark applications internal market may be convicted of the Coordinating Bureau dismissed (including by some members objected which led to the Community trademark Shen please be dismissed), the applicant or its agent or review applications to the Luxembourg-based European Court of Appeal, if not ultimate, in the three months to a single national registration protection, which have priority.